|Address||1725 Ashley Circle|
|Address||4603 Desert Varnish Drive|
|Address||4465 North Park Drive, Ste 301|
What is Debt Collector Harassment?
Is a debt collector calling you repeatedly? Do you feel like something is wrong with the correspondence between you and the collection rep?
Thankfully there was a law put in place that specifies exactly what a debt collection company can and cannot do in their attempts to recover debt from you. This law is called the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act- FDCP.
This act states that debt collectors can not abuse, harass, intentionally annoy or lie to you. So what exactly are some examples of this harassment?
- Calling you repeatedly. This all in the attempt to annoy and harass you or any of your family or friends they are contacting.
- The use of obscene language. This is strictly prohibited. This is both unethical and immature of the collection agencies.
- Use of false threats- especially telling you that they can harm you financially.
- Publicly list out your name as an owner of debt- on websites or social networks.
- When they call you, they must clearly identify themselves and the creditor that may have hired them.
Call an Attorney
Call Francis and Mailman today to help you fight back against these abuses. Get a free consultation now at 877-735-8600. We are ready to take your call.