Midland Credit Management, Inc.
Get Your FREE Review Now!
Midland Credit Management, Inc. also referred to as Midland Credit, is one of the largest debt collection companies in the world. They take over the debts from many different creditors.
Midland Credit is supposed to help consumers settle debt obligations through payment plans and the like. But a quick search on Midland shows that there are a lot of complaints surrounding Midland’s practices.
How to Stop Harassment by Midland Credit Management, Inc.
If Midland Credit Management is calling you and violating any collection agency rules, you may be able to sue them for damages. Sometimes they may even be accidentally calling the wrong person because they have your information by mistake.
The legal team at the Law Firm of Francis and Mailman can help assist ending this contact harassment and abuse from Midland Credit Management, and resolve discrepancies if you do not owe money.
What Midland Credit Can’t Do
Under the FDCPA, debt collection companies such as Midland Credit cannot do the following while trying to collect a debt:
- Contact anybody who is not the main person that owes the debt
- Threaten you with referral to an attorney, harm of credit, or wage garnishment without the actual intent to act on the threat
- Calling at “unreasonable times” such as before 8:00 AM or after 9:00PM
- Contact you at your employer’s office if you tell them not to
- Place calls to your employer to inform them of your debt or disclosing any aspect of the debt to others
- Use profane or obscene language during calls
- Send collection letters that appear to be from a court or government office
- Threaten to arrest you if the debt remains unpaid
Specific Issues surrounding Midland Collection Practices
Some issues surrounding Midland Credit Management and the tactics they have taken to settle debts:
- Letters concerning the debt was sent to the wrong person and the wrong address.
- Filing unnecessary judgement on old, already paid off debt.
- Making continuous and harassing phone calls to debtors.
- Sending harassing letters and rude, inappropriate phone behavior.
Hire Francis & Mailman
Contact the Consumer Law Firm of Francis and Mailman today at 1-877-735-8600 to stop harassment from Midland or to see what action can be taken against Midland Credit Management if they have violated any of your consumer rights.
Below are several example of cases that were filed against Midland Credit Management and experiences/comments from other consumers that have had issues with this debt collection company.
Lawsuits and Cases Against Midland Credit Management, Inc.
Hernandez v. Midland Credit Mgmt., Inc.
2006 WL 695451 (N.D. Ill. Mar. 14, 2006). The defendants claim of a bona fide error could not be granted on a motion to dismiss.
Johnson v. Midland Credit Mgmt., Inc.
2006 WL 2473004, 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 60133 (N.D. Ohio Aug. 24, 2006). The collector could not invoke a bona fide error defense when it failed to send a validation notice to the consumer after receiving back from the post office as undeliverable.
Johnson v. Midland Credit Mgmt. Inc.
2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 60133 (N.D. Ohio Aug. 23, 2006). Granted consumers time to amend their FDCPA complaint to narrow the class to consumers who did not receive a notice because it was returned by the post office.
Midland Credit Management, Inc. Contact Information
|a.k.a.||Midland Funding, a subsidiary of Encore Capital Group, Inc|
|Address||8875 Aero Drive, Ste 200|
|Address||8875 Aero Drive, Ste 200|
|Address||4302 E. Broadway Road|
|Address||16 McLeland Road|