|Address||2700 1st Street North, Ste. 303|
Collection Resources has been providing companies with collection services for over 20 years. Collection Resources states on their site that they follow all parts of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
Under this law there are practices that collection agencies must not partake in.
- Threatening or use of violence
- Displaying consumers names who have failed to pay off debt
- Using obscene language when talking to consumers
- Calling the consumer multiple times to the point of extreme annoyance
- Calling before 8 AM or after 9 PM
Using False Statements
- Saying that they are attorneys or government agencies when they are not
- Telling the consumer that they have committed a crime
- State that they are working for a credit bureau, when they are not
- Lie about the amount of debt owed
- Telling the consumer that they could be arrested if debt is not paid
- Threatening to seize assets, wages, properties
- Threatening to file a lawsuit against you
Feel Violated? Call Our Offices Today
Are you feeling harassed by collection agencies? Contact our office today to see if the collection agency is in violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices laws. Don’t wait, we are here to stop the harassing calls and the inappropriate actions that these agencies are doing to get money from you.