Legal Briefs and Pleadings
How Consumers Fought Back
Here you will find actual briefs, pleadings and motions filed with the courts concerning consumer laws. These are briefs dealing with the following laws:
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- The Credit Card Act of 2009
- The Credit Repair Organizations Act (or CRO)
- Truth-in-Lending Act
- The Electronic Funds Transfer Act (ETFA)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
These briefs and pleadings are representative of legal positions taken by the courts.
If you plan to take legal action concerning any of the above laws, these motions will give you an idea of how your case could go. It is likely that your legal counsel will use one or more of these briefs to back your position.
For help in understanding your rights concerning your credit report, debt collection issues or identity theft matters, we’re here to help.
Fill out a free case review form and we’ll get back to you ASAP.