Incorrect Background Checks and False Employment Reports

Do background checks make mistakes?

Yes, even though by law, background check companies are supposed to make sure all of the information that they report is complete and accurate, many times background checks have mistakes.

3 Common Mistakes Made by Background Check Companies

Mistakes on background checks can be incredibly harmful to you and your family. You could be denied credit, housing, or employment. If this has happened to you get a Free Case Evaluation.

What do I do if my background check came back wrong?

If your background check has errors, you have the right to dispute those errors with the background check company or the employment reporting agency that provided them. Most background check companies have an area on their websites where you can fill out a form and submit any documents that you may have to prove that they are wrong about their report. If not, you may also file a dispute by mail.

Make sure that any documents you send are copies, not your originals. It’s also a good idea to send your dispute Certified Mail, that way someone has to sign for it and you will know when the background check company received your dispute letter.

Background check companies we have had recent inquiries about

Click here to see a list of employment screening agencies and their contact info

How long does it take to dispute a background check?

It can take up to 30 days. According to the laws under the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) Background check companies and employment reporting agencies have 30 days to correct any mistakes on your background check once you have submitted a dispute.

Can I sue over and incorrect background check?

Under the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) you do have the right to sue for damages that have been caused by mistakes on your background check. It is best to talk to an experienced consumer protection attorney about your specific situation because different circumstances call for different actions. You can get a free case evaluation here.

Summary of Your Rights under the FCRA | Background Checks & Employment Reports

Have you tried to dispute the mistakes on your background check and they are still being reported?

Have you lost a job, been denied housing, or if you can’t drive for Uber or Lyft all because of background check errors?

Francis Mailman Soumilas, P.C. have your back! We have successfully handled hundreds of cases involving consumers, like you, that have lost jobs, housing, or credit as a result of an inaccurate background check or employment report.

Fill out the form on the right side of this page for a free case review, or call us right now at 1-877-735-8600. There are no out of pocket costs to you, call us and let us get to work for you, so you can take your life back.

Get Free Case Review

Problem you are having

Once you submit this form a representative from the law firm of Francis Mailman Soumilas, P.C. will be in touch.
Or Call 1-877-735-8600 and get immediate help to see if you have a case.